American Symbols and President's Day

Last week, I started introducing American symbols to my kinders.  Some of my students knew a lot about the symbols while others did not know any.  Each day (Wednesday-Friday), we covered something new, which included the American flag, Statue of Liberty, and Bald Eagle.

Below, you can see the anchor charts we made together to show what we learned about each symbol.  I started each day's lesson with the chart and asked students to tell the class what they already knew about the symbol.  Then, after reading the picture book and having a discussion, we went back to the chart and added things we had learned.  I hung the charts near my carpet so that we can reference them this week.




I bought Deanna Jump's America Math and Literacy Fun! unit on Teacher's Pay Teachers and it has been a great help in planning my lessons.  It's such an awesome unit!  I am looking forward to using it this upcoming week to teach about President George Washington and President Abraham Lincoln.  Woohoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment