Classroom Tour

 

Well, it is finally looking like a classroom again... rejoice!  My classroom was painted this summer (yay!), but that meant that everything had to be taken down at the end of the school year.  Big, big project.  However, everything has found its spot again (for the most part, let's be honest) and I am a happy teacher.

Shall we get on with the tour?

This is the view when you first walk into my classroom.  Hello natural light!

My favorite area in the room is our rug area.  This is where the kindergarteners spend the most time learning.

You can't see it from the picture, but four of the squares on the rug create a larger square outlined with a dotted pattern.  I assign each child a large square (their name is written on the rug).  Transitions are so much easier!

The info center bulletin board houses my classroom job assignments and future center rotation.  Then, we've got the "star" of the week, chalkboard, and calendar.

We are starting a new calendar program called "Every Day Counts" that will coordinate with our new math curriculum, "Math in Focus".  I am really excited to start both!

I made the clip up and clip down chart for this year.  I kept seeing the idea on Pinterest and then researched the idea over the summer.  The kids should love the extra praise from being clipped up!

I am trying hand signals this year.  Have you used these before?  I bought these awesome signs from The Clutter-Free Classroom.  (Love that blog, by the way!)  It is going to be my students' homework assignment the first week of school.  They have to practice the hand signals with their parents.

When you walk into the classroom, this is what you see when you turn to your right.  Art!  It also stores all of my science materials (five big bins!)  The green bulletin board will house the students' first artwork project in the next few weeks.  For now, it remains empty!

I have tried to make my classroom library really cozy and comfortable.  I have a couple of mini rocking chairs and folding chairs.  I made six large square pillows that rest against my puppet theatre.  Each bin of books is labeled.  The bulletin board will later feature an author of the month.

Our puppet theatre!


House!  I love that my kids have some time to "play".

My writing center.  It will also be a student work table since I have two big class sizes.

My desk area.  No, it never looks this clean.  I wish!

Thank you for stopping by!  I look forward to seeing your pictures, too! :)














0 comments:

Post a Comment