My Teacher Bag

One of the main reasons I finally decided to create a teaching blog was so that I could post to the Clutter-Free Classroom blog!  It's very gratifying to take pictures of the before and after cleaning process, wouldn't you agree?  It makes you want to organize more!

This week, the challenge was to clean our classroom teacher bags.  Yikes!  I am guilty of letting my bag and rolling tote jam with materials that need to find a home.  Lately, I couldn't even see the bottom of my teaching bag and I had no idea what was down there!

Let's take a peek, shall we?  This is what I found in my bag today after school:



* Three Ziploc baggies of picture cards for a sound sort game, a giant Tootsie Roll (a Valentine's Day gift from one of my kinders) that never made it home, a school and staff directory, my journal of ideas, sentence strips, my black gloves, two Jolly Phonics sound rings, and my zip/id case.

* When I left school today, the only items in my bag were my idea journal, the Tootsie Roll, directories, and zip/id case.  Awesome!

I also use a rolling tote to transport my curriculum manuals and lesson binder.  However, the tote is luckily organized. :)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Mare said...

Great job I love seeing how everyone is getting organized.

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

I really like the idea journal! It is a great way to keep everything organized. I may have to pick one of those up. I love clutter-free classroom! She has so many amazing ideas!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Caryl P said...

I love your idea journal, and I'm jealous of the giant tootsie roll. I too created a blog just to hold me accountable to getting organized. You look like you're doing great at this task!

Kimberlee Fulbright said...

Cute bag & your bag wasn't too bad:) I was telling someone that I had a garden flag in my bag.. silly, I know. I was transfering it from school to home & never took it out - was a Thanksgiving flag. Oh, the things we carry in our teacher totes!

~Kimberlee~
Two Fulbright Hugs
Teacher Timesavers

Ms.M said...

Nice design on your bag.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Post a Comment